SAND Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding children and staff, and supporting and nurturing children so they are able to thrive, feel safe and achieve. We are committed to:
- Creating safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- Ensuring that adults who work in the school, including volunteers are proactive and collaborative in keeping children safe
- Ensuring robust Safer Recruitment processes are in place and adhered to
- Making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and are kept up to date with policy and practice
- Teaching children and young people about keeping themselves safe
- Fostering and maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem, and know they will be listened to
- Ensuring staff and pupils are supported in maintaining their mental health
Protecting children and maximising their opportunities for mental and physical health are implemented in the trust’s safeguarding policies.
SAND Academies Trust has a generic Safeguarding policy and Safer Recruitment policy which are used by all schools within the trust. The policy documents can be downloaded below.
Admissions Statement (SEND schools)
Prospective parents are welcome to visit the schools within the MAT by arrangement. Referrals for places must be made through the Local Authority (LA). Admissions are managed by the Local Authority.
In the case of Early Years, the EY Exceptional Planning Group manages admission. Children can be admitted to one of the early year’s classes from their second birthday. All children admitted will have been identified by the health or education services as having special educational needs and referred by the Local Authority.
Staff acknowledge the primary role of parents as the first educators of their children and we encourage a genuine partnership between parents and staff. Children of statutory school age will need an Education, Health & Care (EHC) plan.
If you are a parent who might require the Local Authority to refer your child for a place at the school please contact the school for a more detailed and personalised visit.
Any questions about this process can be directed to Gloucestershire County Council, SEN Casework Team by calling 01452 427895 or 01452 328902
Admissions statement (mainstream schools)
SAND Academies Trust is currently consulting on their Admissions policy for mainstream schools for the academic year 2023- 2024. The policy can be downloaded below.
If you have any feedback on this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgAdmissions Policy (mainstream schools)
SAND Academies Trust policies are currently under review and will be uploaded to this page as they become ready. In the meantime, please see Milestone, Paternoster, Battledown and Belmont school policies on their individual websites.
Please click on the policies below to view/download them.